December 4, 2008

What happened on December 4, 1992??

December 4th - just your average day right???!!

Well for me, December 4th does mean something! 16 years ago, my dh proposed to me! We were freshmen in college at WOU. We knew when we started dating our senior year of high school that we were meant to be together. It almost like a formality to wait to get married! We were a little nervous about college but I think people around us were more nervous! There are so many life changes that happen in college. But for us it only strengthened our bond and made us want to succeed TOGETHER! So on a cold night in 1992, Larry proposed to me in front of the State Capitol building. It didn't matter where he did it, I was going to say YES! He even called my mom before he proposed to get her "blessing"!

I was so proud to walk around that college campus with my new ring on! We got married after our sophomore year and even took most of our business classes together! I feel so FORTUNATE that we found each other so young. We have experienced so many things together - high school graduation, college, our wedding, college graduation, first jobs, first apartments, first house, trips, weddings, funerals - but most importantly we had our 3 boys - who have been the most AMAZING part of our journey together! We have everything we have ever wanted and I am so thankful for that!

So here is too many more memories together and a lifetime together! I LOVE YOU LARRY!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Knock it off...you make me tear up at work. You have fulfilled my life with everything I ever wanted! ILY EO!

AmyInKy said...

:)
Great post!

Addie said...

Oh, how sweet! I love that picture!

Kelly(M&M) said...

I love reading your story! You are truly a beautiful, happy couple and I love watching you two together. The comment by Larry was very sweet also. Congrats you two! You show us what marriage is all about-love!

Melanie said...

How wonderful! Love the story you shared. Enjoy your happy day :)

Unknown said...

Oh, how sweet! What a blessing from the Lord!

... I thought you were going to say you were pregnant

Anonymous said...

Wonderful story...I love his comments, too!

Unknown said...

Aww that is so sweet! Great picture!!

Anonymous said...

What a great story. Doesn't seem like that long ago....

Carrie Postma said...

What a lovely memory for you!
This date holds a totally different memory for me...LOL!

Heidi said...

That's so sweet! :)

:corinne: said...

Ahhh love the picture you shared...two cute love birds. Happy Anniversary! May the Lord continue to bless your marriage.!